code of conduct
I, ________________________ agree that while working with PDAO,
- Recognize the principles of equal opportunity for men and women and their right to earn a livelihood with dignity, without fear of abuse and harassment.
- Treat children with respect regardless of race, colour, sex, language, religion, political or other opinion, national, ethnic or social origin, property, disability, birth or other status (Please see in child projection policy).
I will not:
- Discriminate in hiring, compensation, access to training, promotion, termination or retirement based on race, caste, national origin, religion, age, disability, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, union membership or political affiliation.
- Promote pornography and violence against women and children.
- Depict women as helpless or deserving victims of violence and abuse unless the violence is integral to a story being told to counter such practices.
- Degrade or exploit women as helpless victims of violence and abuse.
- Degrade or exploit women and undermine their positive role and position in society.
- Reinforce gender oppression and stereotypes.
- Publish stories that might incite violence and hatred based on gender; and, broadcast or publish material that glamourizes violence against women.
- Get benefit from the persons or parties with a direct, indirect, material, financial interest in the outcome of society programs, policies or positions.
- Be involved in activities aimed at coercing an individual to participate in an unwanted sexual relationship or that may have the effect of causing an individual to change behavior or work performance.
Signature and Date
Child Protection Code of Conduct
I, ________________________ agree that while working with PADO,
- Treat children with respect regardless of race, colour, sex, language, religion, political or other opinion, national, ethnic or social origin, property, disability, birth or other status
- Wherever possible, ensure that another adult is present when working in the proximity of children
- Use any computers, mobile phones, or video and digital cameras appropriately, and never to exploit or harass children or to access child pornography through any medium (see also ‘Use of children’s images for work related purposes’)
- Refrain from physical punishment or discipline of children (excluding my own children)
- Refrain from hiring children for domestic or other labour which is inappropriate given their age or developmental stage, which interferes with their time available for education and recreational activities, or which places them at significant risk of injury Comply with all relevant local legislation, including labour laws in relation to child labour
- Immediately report concerns or allegations of child abuse in accordance with appropriate procedures.
I will not:
- Use language or behaviour towards children that is inappropriate, harassing, abusive, sexually provocative, demeaning or culturally inappropriate
- Engage children in any form of sexual activity or acts, including paying for sexual services or acts
- Invite unaccompanied children into my home, unless they are at immediate risk of injury or in physical danger
- Sleep close to unsupervised children unless absolutely necessary, in which case I must obtain my supervisor’s permission, and ensure that another adult is present